Areas this policy covers
- 1 Introduction
- 2 About Us
- 3 How do we collect information?
- 4 What information do we collect, how is it used and how long do we keep it for?
– 4.1 Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card
– 4.2 Monkton Elm E-News
– 4.3 Monkton Elm Website
- 5 Competitions
- 6 Ordering products
- 7 CCTV
- 8 Bookings in the Restaurant or function room
- 9 Enquires/Complaints
- 10 Employment with Monkton Elm
- 11 Who do we share your personal data with?
- 12 How do we protect your information
- 13 Your rights
- 14 Verifying your identity
Monkton Elm Garden Centre Ltd is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”). We understand the importance of keeping your personal data safe, private and secure and any personal information that you share with us is treated with the utmost security and confidentiality.
We have published this guide to help you understand how and why we collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and to inform you of your rights regarding your personal data that we hold or process.
2 About Us
We are Monkton Elm Garden Centre Ltd, a company registered in England (Company No 3749820). The registered address for Head Office is Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN.
We are listed on the Information Commissioner’s Register under number A8309983
All comments, queries or requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed:
- By e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post – Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the data controller using the contact details above.
3 How do we collect information?
If you visit our garden centre to purchase products or services from us, or communicate with us via our website, post, email or social media pages, or sign up for our loyalty card, newsletters, enter competitions or apply for a job with us, we may collect personal data about you.
4 What information do we collect, how is it used and how long do we keep it for?
4.1 Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card
When you sign up for our Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme, either on our website, in-store or via a competition or promotion, we may collect your name, physical address, email, phone number, information about the use of your Membership Card, shopping purchases and / or any other information that you may give us. We will use this information to provide you with benefits, competition and / or event information, special or personalised offers and to keep you updated with our latest news. By signing up to being a loyalty card member you agree to Monkton Elm holding and processing your personal data in order that we may provide the services of the Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme.
We may also request your consent to sign you up to our Monkton Elm e-news when you sign up for our Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme. If you chose not to give your consent for this, it will not affect rights to participate in the Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme.
Full terms and conditions of the Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme are available by emailing a request to email@example.com
You can terminate your membership of the Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme in a number of ways:
- By email, quoting “Termination from Monkton Elm Garden Club Loyalty Card Scheme” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post, quoting “Termination from Monkton Elm Loyalty Card Scheme” to Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN
We will retain your personal information for only as long as you remain a member (i.e. you do not terminate your membership) to the Monkton Elm Loyalty Card Scheme or if we decide to cancel your membership of the Monkton Elm Loyalty Card Scheme, whichever occurs first. If you have made any purchases as a Monkton Elm Loyalty Card Scheme member we may retain your information for up to seven years following the end of our financial year in which you were a member, in accordance with our legal obligations to keep records for tax purposes.
4.2 Monkton Elm E-News:
When you sign up for our Monkton Elm e-news, either on our website, in store or via a competition or promotion, we may collect your name and email address. We will request your consent to send you our e-news at the point of submitting your data to us.
We aim to make it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us. If you do not wish us to use your personal data for marketing purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice, you can opt out by using the relevant tick box on the printed or online form on which we use to collect your data.
You can stop receiving emails and e-newsletters from us in a number of ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive
- By email, quoting “Marketing Unsubscribe” and send to email@example.com
- By post, quoting “Marketing Unsubscribe” to Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN
The unsubscribing of our e-newsletter may take up to 14 days to be actioned.
We will retain your personal information for only as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel the e-newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
4.3 Browsing our website
When you browse our website small bit of information about how you use the website are stored on your computer in a file known as a cookie. This information is used to speed up your use of the website on future visits. When you first visit our website you will be presented with the option to decline cookies for our site. If you have chosen to accept these files but later change your mind, they can be deleted using your internet browsers options/tools.
We also collect anonymous information about you and your visit using Google Analytics. This information includes, but is not limited to your operating system, your device type and model, your screen resolution, your approximate geographical location, the method by which you found our website, the pages you visit and how long you spend on them. None of this data is personally identifiable to you, but should you wish to not share this data, add-ons are available for most internet browsers.
When you enter a competition, either on our website, via social media or in store, we may collect your name, email address, physical address and phone number. If you enter a competition online, we may also collect your IP address. We will use this personal data to contact you, should you win a prize. We will retain the information for the duration of the competition and for a period of three months starting from the closing date of the competition.
We may also request your consent to sign you up to our e-newsletter when you enter a competition. If you chose not to give your consent for this, it will not affect your entry into the competition.
6 Ordering products:
If you order products from us in store for a home delivery, we will ask for personal information necessary to process and fulfil your order. This may include your name, delivery address, phone number, loyalty card scheme details and payment card details. Payments are taken via our secure payment providers.
We will retain the information for seven years following the end of our financial year in which you placed you order, in accordance with our legal obligations to keep records for tax purposes.
Monkton Elm Garden Centre operate a 24 hour closed circuit television (CCTV) system. This systems monitors the business, buildings and grounds in order to:
- prevent or detect crime
- provide a safe and secure environment for its’ customers, staff and visitors
- prevent loss or damage to business property.
A copy of our CCTV policy is available on request:
- By email, quoting “CCTV Company Policy Request” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post, quoting “CCTV Company Policy Request” to Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN
8 Bookings for the restaurant and function rooms:
If you wish to book a table within our restaurant, for example, for afternoon tea or for a Christmas meal, we may ask for your name, phone number and email address in order to be able to contact you in relation to the booking. We sometimes may take a deposit at the time of booking. Payments are taken via our secure payment providers, Paypal (via our online store) or Anderson Zaks (Our in-store payment provider).
We will retain the information prior to date of the booking and for a period of three months after the booking date.
If you contact us with an enquiry or complaint, either in person, on our website, via social media, e-mail or by post, we will hold your details provided by yourself in order to respond and/or process your enquiry.
We will retain the information for as long as it takes for us to respond or resolve your enquiry and then for a further six months for analysis purposes.
10 Employment with Monkton Elm:
You can apply to work for us via our website, using a paper application form available on request or by sending us your CV. Providing your job application data is voluntary, however, if you choose not to provide all of the information requested, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. We will only use the information you give us to process your application. If we need to request a reference, we will tell you beforehand.
Unsuccessful applicants’ information will be retained for a period of six months from the closing date of the job position and successful applicants will be retained as part of the employee file for the duration of the employment contract and for 7 years from the employee leave date to fulfil legal obligations.
You will also be asked to provide equal opportunities information as part of the application process. This is not mandatory and if you chose not to provide it, it will not affect your application. This information is not made available in anyway which can identify you. Any information you do provide, will only be used to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
For any other type of personal data we may process, we will only retain it for as long as is necessary, taking into account the following:
- The purpose that are we using the personal data for
- Whether we have a legal obligation to continue to process the data
- Whether we have a lawful basis for processing the data
11 Who do we share your personal data with?
No information collected by us will be sold, rented or loaned to any third parties or companies. We may disclose information if we are requested or required to do so by a regulator or law enforcement body.
We may use third party suppliers to store and process your information, such as IT and web service providers. However, we enter processor contracts with these companies to ensure that they do not contravene the purpose and means of why we collect the data, that they comply with data protection laws and ensure that they have appropriate security and organisational measures in place to protect the privacy of your information. Monkton Elm Garden Centre’s data is always held and processed within the European Union with the exception of MailChimp which we use for our Monkton Elm E-newsletter. MailChimp are self-certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield and are committed to GDPR compliance. Their privacy notice can be found here.
12 How do we protect your information?
We ensure that we implement appropriate physical and computer security controls alongside organisational measures to keep your information secure, accurate and up to date and that we only keep it for as long as is necessary or for as long as the law requires.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to our website, and this is done at the user’s own risk.
13 Your Rights
Under GDPR law you have the following rights regarding the personal data we process about you:
- Right of Access – you can request to know what personal information we have about you. We will tell you what personal information we have, what our purpose is for processing the data, who else may have access to it and how long we will hold the data for.
- Right to Rectification – if you think the data we hold is inaccurate, you can notify us and we will change it accordingly
- Right to Erasure – if you gave us consent to process your information, you can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your personal data. If you feel that our processing of your information no longer meets the original purpose we notified you about at the point we collected your data or you feel that we are processing it unlawfully, you can request to have your information removed
- Right to Restrict Processing – If you contest the accuracy or the lawfulness of our data processing, you have the right to restrict us processing the data until the issues have been investigated and rectified
- Right to Object – you may object to us processing your personal information
For further information on your rights under GDPR please see https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/
If you would like a copy of your personal information:
- By email, quoting “Personal Information Request” and send to email@example.com
- By post, quoting “Personal Information Request” to Monkton Elm Garden Centre, Monkton Heathfield, West Monkton Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8QN
14 Verifying your identity
When you exercise one of your rights under the GDPR, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before we can action the request. This will be in the form of supplying a utility bill and photographic evidence such as passport or driving licence.